Doll Hair Experiments

Hi,  Last Tuesday when I had a snow day I decided to do an experiment with doll hair.  I had two different pinterest tutorials and wanted to know what one was better.  So I took two cheap, non-valuable  dolls who needed hair help badly and tried a different tutorial on each.  (Sorry the dolls are undressed because I did not want to get their clothes wet.  I cropped as much of the photos as I could.)

KODAK Digital Still Camera

This is the picture I took before I started. You can sort of tell their hair is a disaster by the way the braids lay.

KODAK Digital Still Camera

This is their hair after I took it down and before it was brushed.

KODAK Digital Still Camera

After I tried my best at getting all the knots out it still did not do much.

KODAK Digital Still Camera

This is when I started my experiment – I used cool water and fabric softener in the red bowl and shampoo, conditioner and warm water in the other bowl.                                                          Red bowl        yellow-orange bowl

KODAK Digital Still Camera

After about an hour and a half I was able to determine the shampoo, conditioner and warm water worked better and was easier to get out of her hair. The fabric softener was harder to rinse out of her hair and did not untangle it as well. Though overall it did a good job untangling I wish it helped with the frizz.  Though the one sight says totally plastic steamers will do that. I guess I will have to get one and try it out.

KODAK Digital Still Camera

Have a great day. I hope to “talk” to you again soon.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s